ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EDITOR TO HELP YOU LIFT YOUR NOVEL
TO A HIGHER LEVEL?
If you’ve come to this site, you’re most likely a writer looking for help. You may want a critique on a manuscript, or your manuscript edited, or someone to help you with your writing career (or lack of it), or you might need specific advice on your writing craft.
I divide my time between writing, teaching and working with writers.
These are some of the questions I’m regularly asked as a writing coach:
* How can I get published?
* Should I self-publish?
* What is wrong with my manuscript?
* How can I improve or edit my manuscript?
* Do I really need an agent?
* I’ve been writing for ages with no success – should I give up?
* Am I a real writer? How do I prove it to my family and friends?
* How do I find time to write?
* I want to achieve my writing goals but I don’t know where to start or how to create a plan.
My definition of a writing coach is someone with the experience to critique effectively, but who is also keenly interested in helping committed writers to achieve their goals and dreams. This might involve a constructive, honest critique, advice on a 5-year plan, or it might be a mentoring agreement.
* critiques (fiction, poetry, children’s and YA fiction, picture books, verse novels)
* structural editing and copy editing
* goal setting and strategy sessions, including 5-year plans
* help with marketing your book, or yourself as a writer
* articles and ebooks about writing and goal setting via my ebooks4writers site (my ebooks are called Tough Guides!)
I also write articles on Medium about writing skills and editing.
Have a look around this site – find out more about me, what kinds of editing I offer and what each consists of, and ask any questions via my contact form.